Sunday, February 5, 2017

506. The Dreaming

The Dreaming
Kate Bush
1982














Tracks
1. Sat In Your Lap
2. There Goes A Tenner 
3. Pull Out The Pin 
4. Suspended In Gaffa 
5. Leave It Open 
6. Dreamin' 
7. Night Of The Swallow 
8. All The Love 
9. Houdini 
10. Get Out Of My House 


Well, I knew I would like this, as I have always had fun with angsty women.  Speaking of which, I have gotten into Camp Cope lately, which is a band that I am sure was heavily influenced by Kate Bush.

Anyway, I love unusual female voices (I miss the days when Nico was on this blog) so this was quite enjoyable for me.  More than that, her lyrics were very poetic and beautiful.  I will say that I enjoyed brooding Kate more than angry Kate; I just felt that melancholy suited her voice better.  

One more album to go before Thriller.  Hold onto your butts. 

RATING: 4/5

2 comments: