Tuesday, January 24, 2017

504. The Nightfly

The Nightfly
Donald Fagen
1982














Tracks
1. IGY 
2. Green Flower Street 
3. Ruby Baby 
4. Maxine 
5. New Frontier 
6. Nightfly 
7. Goodbye Look 
8. Walk Between Raindrops 


Perhaps I am just getting soft in my old age, but we have had some great albums lately.  I probably just jinxed myself.  In fact, I just checked and Thriller is coming up.  So definitely a jinx.

So this was a fun album that was surprisingly catchy.  I would never have expected to enjoy a jazz fusion album, so this came as a very pleasant surprise.  Of course, there was a decent amount of cheese, but thankfully, I'm not lactose intolerant.

Next up, Haircut One Hundred.  I wish I could get through one day without hearing about that band...

RATING: 4/5

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it's nice. Apparently the album is used to calibrate sound equipments. Something to do with the quality of the recording. I am more like Mia in La La Land: I like Jazz but only as a background music.

    ReplyDelete