Saturday, January 7, 2017

502. New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84)

New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84)
Simple Minds
1982














Tracks
1. Someone Somewhere In Summertime 
2. Colours Fly And Catherine Wheel 
3. Promised You A Miracle 
4. Big Sleep 
5. Somebody Up There Likes You 
6. New Gold Dream (81 82 83 84) 
7. Glittering Prize 
8. Hunter And The Hunted 
9. King Is White And In The Crowd


Happy New Year everybody!  Like most movie fans, I can easily identify Simple Minds from their Breakfast Club heyday.  However, I was unfamiliar with their other work and man, have I been missing out.

When I think of early 80s music I tend to jump to the worst of the worst (think "Mickey"). But this is really what should be remembered from this decade: danceable synth pop.  Does anyone do it better than Simple Minds?  I guess I will find out.

Let's enjoy this music while we can.  A band called Orange Juice is coming up!  That can't be good.

RATING: 4/5

3 comments: