Thursday, December 22, 2016

501. Too-Rye-Ay

Too-Rye-Ay
Dexy's Midnight Runners
1982














Tracks
1. Celtic Soul Brothers
2. Let's Make This Precious 
3. All In All (This One Last Wild Waltz)
4. Jackie Wilson Said (I'm In Heaven When You Smile)
5. Old
6. Plan B 
7. I'll Show You
8. Liars A To E
9. Until I Believe In My Soul

10. Come On Eileen

We are officially more than half way done with this journey!  It took me five years to get to this point, which means I should be done with this project by 2021.  Wow.  That's not at all disheartening.


I was very impressed by Dexys' previous album, but I confess I haven't given them a lot of thought since then. It's like when you have a great first date but you never follow up on it.  That's a thing that happens to people, right?


Anyway, this was wonderful.  This is truly like nothing I have heard before.  I might be wrong about this, but it seems like they have created their very own genre.  You don't get more original than that.  I hope to see more of them in the future.

RATING: 4/5

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it has been refreshing. Quite a change for the era!
    I already knew Come on, Eileen although didn't realise until I listened to it again. Since I was born that year maybe it was some subliminal memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I have finally figured out your age haha

      Delete
  2. Just bought this album! Love it! Seriously, Im dancing already!

    ReplyDelete