Monday, September 12, 2016

491. Mask

Mask
Bauhaus
1981














Tracks
1. Hair Of The Dog
2. Passions Of Lovers
3. Of Lilies And Remains
4. Hollow Hills
5. Dancin'
6. Kick In The Eye
7. Muscle In Plastic
8. In Fear Of Fear
9. Man With The X Ray Eyes
10. Mask


I should have known things were too normal around here to last.  I don't necessarily like to spurn the unusual (just look at the men I've dated) but I found this to be incredibly grating.  Small disclaimer: I may have stayed out a little too late and drank a little too much last night so my perception of what might be headache inducing is a bit skewed.

I was surprised by my negative reaction to this, as I have liked gothic rock in the past.  I suppose this was too experimental for my taste.  It stopped resembling music and started to seem like glorified sound effects.  Oh well, we have had good albums lately; there was bound to be a bump in the road.

Next up: Bobby Womack!

RATING: 2/5

1 comment: