Sunday, September 4, 2016

490. Fire of Love

Fire of Love
The Gun Club
1981














Tracks
1. Sex Beat
2. Preaching the Blues
3. Promise Me
4. She's Like Heroin to Me
5. For the Love of Ivy
6. Fire Spirit 
7. Ghost on the Highway 
8. Jack on Fire 
9. Black Train 
10. Cool Drink of Water Blues 
11. Goodbye Johnny


It has been a stressful week.  Let's just say that the Douchebag of the Week award is anyone's game at the moment (and I thought Trump would have that thing locked down).  As everyone knows, the perfect solution to a long week is listening to a song called "Sex Beat."

So this album is pretty strange, as I don't think I have ever heard of the "punk blues" genre before.  The sheer novelty of the album kept me interested for its duration.  Still, would it hold up after repeated listenings?  I'm not sure.  None of the songs were particularly memorable.  

Overall, it's a creative twist on a somewhat tired genre.  Will we ever reach the 500 milestone?

RATING: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. I don't think this is worth listening to--not my taste. Good review though!

    ReplyDelete