Wednesday, May 4, 2016

469. Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden
Iron Maiden
1980














Tracks
1. Prowler
2. Sanctuary
3. Remember Tomorrow
4. Running Free
5. Phantom Of The Opera
6. Transylvania
7. Strange World
8. Charlotte The Harlot
9. Iron Maiden


I was convinced that Iron Maiden and Iron Butterfly were the same band, which is probably a musical sin that some believe should be punishable by death.  I found that I much prefer Iron Maiden on all counts, except maybe when it comes to cover art.

I have always thought that heavy metal was fun, but didn't come with much substance.  I am pleased to report that a more thoughtful heavy metal does, in fact, exist.  "Remember Tomorrow" was particularly poetic.  Of course, the machoism returned with songs like "Iron Maiden" but I did enjoy the brief respites from the testosterone outpourings.

Far more melodic than I would believed from seeing the cover art.  Tomorrow: more Undertones!

RATING: 4/5

1 comment: