Saturday, May 7, 2016

470. Hypnotised

Hypnotised
The Undertones
1980















Tracks
1. More Songs About Chocolate And Girls
2. There Goes Norman
3. Hypnotised
4. See That Girl
5. Whizz Kids
6. Under The Boardwalk
7. Way Girls Talk
8. Hard Luck
9. My Perfect Cousin
10. Boys Will Be Boys
11. Tearproof
12. Wednesday Week
13. Nine Times Out Of Ten
14. Girls That Don't Talk
15. What's With Terry


I'm really loving the Undertones and I hope this isn't the last we see of them.  Once again, we get an album with great hooks, great melodies, and great cover art.  Well, the first two things were true at least.

Yeah, so I loved this album.  Maybe this isn't the deepest, most progressive album on the list but it is still a lot of fun.  Lyrically, it is not overly impressive. I am not even sure what half of the songs mean, but I don't get the feeling anything was going over my head (although I am so short I probably wouldn't even notice).  I know I usually say I need intelligent lyrics to enjoy an album, but I still ended up liking this.  All of the albums have been rather dark lately; it was fun to cut loose.

Next up: The Jam!

RATING: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. It WAS fun! I agree. Not everything has to be so serious all the time--this is a little silly and I liked that.

    ReplyDelete