Saturday, September 19, 2015

393. New Boots and Panties!!

New Boots and Panties!!
Ian Dury
1977













Tracks
1. Wake Up And Make Love With Me
2. Sweet Gene Vincent
3. I'm Partial To Your Abracadabra
4. My Old Man
5. Billericay Dickie
6. Clever Trevor
7. If I Was With A Woman
8. Blockheads
9. Plaistow Patricia
10. Blackmail Man


As I mentioned in my previous post, I have relocated to London.  I am so pleased that this album came along when it did, because this might be the most British-y albums on the List.  Maybe I will mention it on my next pub venture.  It is always fun creating new ways to turn people off.

This album starts with a really creepy song titled "Wake Up and Make Love With Me."  In this song, we learn exactly what it would be like to have sex with Ian Dury.  That is certainly a stone I could have left unturned.  We also learn what he would be like outside of the bedroom with "If I Was With A Woman."  This was possibly even more appalling.

Easily the most obnoxious track was "Clever Trevor."  It sounded like the drunken ramblings of an idiot trying to hit on you at a bar.  However, I still am not going to completely destroy this album.  It truly was atmospheric.  Whether I want to revisit it again is another question.

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment