Wednesday, September 9, 2015

392. Lust for Life

Lust for Life
Iggy Pop
1977













Tracks
1. Lust For Life
2. Sixteen 
3. Some Weird Sin
4. Passenger 
5. Tonight 
6. Success 
7. Turn Blue 
8. Neighbourhood Threat 
9. Fall In Love With Me


Greetings!  I am writing to all from my new flat in London, where I will be staying for a couple months.  Not only does this mean I might brag more, but it also means I might be learning more about the 1970s music scene during this time.  I plan on visiting Camden this Friday.  So will I have more to say about the albums then "um...the lyrics were okay?"  Stay tuned to find out!

So the lyrics were okay on this album.  Actually, in all seriousness, I thoroughly enjoyed this one.  Like Iggy Pop's previous album, The Idiot, it was produced by David Bowie.  However, it is generally acknowledged that unlike the previous album, it sounds a lot more like Iggy than Starman.  This actually made me enjoy it ten times more than The Idiot.  I am not saying I am a Bowie hater.  In fact, I would never say that on this blog, mostly because of fear for my personal safety.  But the experimental songs just work better with Bowie behind them; they don't fit Iggy's personality as well.

"Passenger" is definitely the most stellar song in the album, but the other tracks don't disappoint.  Sad to see Iggy go.


RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment