Tuesday, August 25, 2015

391. My Aim Is True

My Aim Is True
Elvis Costello
1977













Tracks
1. Welcome to the Working Week 
2. Miracle Man 
3. No Dancing 
4. Blame It on Cain 
5. Alison 
6. Sneaky Feelings
7. (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes 
8. Less Than Zero 
9. Mystery Dance 
10. Pay It Back 
11. I'm Not Angry 
12. Waiting for the End of the World


If this is what punk is, I have been seriously misguided before.  This was one of the best albums I have ever listened to.  This is embarrassing, but at one point I had to just get up and dance.  I stopped rather quickly.  For one thing, I am a terrible dancer.  For another, it felt like I was trying to prove to myself that I was a free spirit.  The point is, every album on the List should make me embarrass myself like that.

I had only ever heard "The Angels Wanna Wear My Red Shoes" before.  This is a great track, but I actually have completely fallen in love with the ballad "Alison."  Of course, there are some political messages for even the most pretentious music lover.

One of the best albums out there and worthy of repeated listens.

RATING: 5/5

2 comments:

  1. "Now he'd like to go to Spain or somewhere like that"
    Wow! No idea who E.C. was before hearing the album but I think you have passed your enthusiasm on me. The album is great and I feel somewhat better now that I know I live in a perfect place to Wait To the End of the World.

    ReplyDelete