Monday, August 18, 2014

370. Trans-Europa Express

Trans-Europa Express
Kraftwerk
1977

Tracks
1. Europa Endlos 
2. Spiegelsaal 
3. Schaufensterpuppen 
4. Trans Europa Express 
5. Metall Auf Metall 
6. Abzug
7. Franz Schubert 
8. Endlos Endlos


I was only about two minutes into this album when my sister shouted from the other room that she hated it.  Unfortunately, that was the best part of the album so hopefully, the pointed door slam and the subsequent lack of complaining means that she was able to block it out.  I was not so lucky and had to listen to the whole thing.

There are two different types of this album, the English and the German version.  I listened to the English one, since I am pretty sure that is what the book was referring to.  However, I suppose for a more "authentic" experience, you should listen to the German one.

Did anyone else find the mirror song incredibly annoying?  How many times were they going to repeat the same line? The few mildly entertaining melodies surely weren't worth that!

RATING: 2/5


4 comments:

  1. You are going to hate me for this... but the picture is from the previous album, not this one. I only say this because I am such an odious perfectionist and get obsessed with stupid little things in my blog. I have to remind myself that the rest of the world is sane and don't care much about that. So if you want me to stop, I'll stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad you told me! It's the blogging equivalent of having spinach in your teeth. I should really proofread more.

      Delete
  2. You tell me. I've been seriously thinking in hiring someone to edit my posts. Especially for English translations. It's crazy the lot of things you can overlook in just three paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I notice so many cringeworthy typos when I reread old posts.

      Delete