Wednesday, August 6, 2014

368. Frampton Comes Alive!

Frampton Comes Alive!
Peter Frampton
1976














Tracks
1. Baby Something's Happening 
2. Doobie Wah 
3. Show Me The Way
4. It's A Plain Shame 
5. All I Want To Be (Is By Your Side)
6. Wind Of Change 
7. Baby I Love Your Way 
8. I Wanna Go To The Sun 
9. Penny For Your Thoughts 
10. I'll Give You Money 
11. Shine On 
12. Jumpin' Jack Flash 
13. Lines On My Face
14. Do You Feel Like We Do


Has it really been around a month since I posted?  Rest assured, I am never going to give up on this journey but I am definitely slowing down.  Between physical therapy and trying to fit in my other blogs, I have had a bit of a hard time settling down to listen to anything.  I will try harder to post but as I don't exactly have a large fan base on this blog, it may fall by the wayside again.

Let's get to Frampton, shall we?  I have a personal prejudice about live albums, so right off the bat I was wary.  I don't like listening to the crowd sing lines of songs or excessively long applauses.  I understand why people like being able to experience the energy of venues, but I don't even like real concerts.  They are loud and parking is always a nightmare.  But I digress.

I don't really have too much to say on this album.  I felt like if any of the songs on this album played on the radio, I wouldn't immediately change the station.  Still, no song was that memorable or grabbing.  

I have done some research on Frampton and apparently, a lot of people think he is cheesy. Maybe he is a bit, but I think you can still always have fun with that.  Better cheesy than annoyingly pretentious like some of the other "artists" we have had to deal with here.

RATING: 3/5

Side note: the person who wrote the entry for this album in The Book ended the passage by saying "We are not worthy!"  Dramatic, much?

1 comment:

  1. I saw Peter Frampton in concert right around the time this album came out, or a little after. I have great memories of hearing these songs live so I have to say, great album! He is fun! :)

    ReplyDelete