Saturday, November 30, 2013

347. That's The Way Of The World

That's The Way of The World
Earth, Wind, and Fire
1975














Tracks
1. Shining Star
2. That's The Way Of The World
3. Happy Feelin'
4. All About Love
5. Yearnin' Learnin'
6. Reasons
7. Africano
8. See The Light


I really hoped to do a bunch of albums during the holidays but I had so much work to do that it just did not happen.  Also, I was around my family a lot and I didn't want to subject them to potentially terrible music (it really is a dice roll every time I try a new one).  Oh well. We will try again with the Christmas holidays.

I had heard of this band before but couldn't tell you anything about it except maybe "didn't they mention it in the movie Hitch?".  However, I did recognize a few of the songs (I think everyone has heard "Shining Star") and was really pleased with the ones I didn't know.

This is simply a fun funk album, which I can see dancing to (or flailing around to in my case).  Of course, there is not much lyrical depth but I wasn't really looking for any.  We get some great saxophone solos, as well.

So it gets kind of old fast but it was still a fun pick.

RATING: 3/5

You, my reader, are a shining star!  Ugh, don't hate me too much for that one:

3 comments:

  1. I am grateful to be called a shining star. I too like this album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the shining Star compliment! I love dancing to this whole album!

    ReplyDelete