Saturday, November 16, 2013

345. A Night At The Opera

A Night At The Opera
Queen
1975













Tracks
1. Death On Two Legs 
2. Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon 
3. I'm In Love With My Car 
4. You're My Best Friend 
5. '39 
6. Sweet Lady 
7. Seaside Rendezvous 
8. Prophet's Song 
9. Love Of My Life 
10. Good Company 
11. Bohemian Rhapsody 
12. God Save The Queen


This was a real puzzle of an album and I am not quite sure what to think of it yet.  Now, I know I must seem like a bit of an idiot trying to figure out a Queen album.  But I faced the same problem that I do constantly with my sister's boyfriend.  Is he serious or not?  Should I be offended or not?  Tell me, if you are making fun of me, dammit!  

So was Queen being pretentious or making fun of pretentious albums?  I would assume if I had to ask that question it means it is being ironic.  But I still feel like I am missing part of the joke.  Oh well, I certainly have enough practice with that.

Everyone has heard the song "Bohemian Rhapsody".  It gave me a smile this time around since it seemed to making fun of the absurdity of Tommy.  "You're My Best Friend" was a fun find on this album and one that will definitely get repeated listenings.

So Queen can be fun, if only in small doses. 

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment