Sunday, September 8, 2013

337. Born To Be With You

Born To Be With You
Dion
1975













Tracks
1. Born To Be With You
2. Make The Woman Love Me
3. Your Own Back Yard
4. He's Got The Whole World In His Hands
5. Only You Know
6. New York City Song
7. In And Out Of The Shadows
8. Good Lovin' Man
9. Baby Let's Stick Together


I have been writing for three hours now and still have to write a book review.  Oh, the woes of procrastination.

When I first saw the track list for this album, I was convinced that it was going to have an underlying religious theme.  I remember the song "He's Got The Whole World In His Hands" from my Catholic classes in elementary school.  Those aren't exactly good memories for me.

However, I ended up really liking this album and detected no religious message.  The songs are catchy , though I read that the a frequent complain is that the instrumentals make it sound like funeral music.  I didn't get that vibe at all and was actually uplifted by the end of the album.  It was a weird mix of lounge music and rock that for some weird reason seemed to work.

As far as the lyrics go, I wasn't blown away by any specific song.  Still, easy listening and not a total wash.

RATING: 4/5

In and Out of Shadows:




1 comment: