Saturday, April 28, 2012

189. Moondance

Moondance
Van Morrison
1970

Tracks
1. Stoned Me 
2. Moondance3. Crazy Love4. Caravan5. Into The Mystic6. Come Running7. These Dreams Of You8. Brand New Day9. Everyone10. Glad Tidings


So I am going to London today and will be gone for a week.  I consider it part of the 1001 journey because I am going to birthplace of the Beatles, Charles Dickens, and Alfred Hitchcock. Which means my readers should be paying for this trip.  Oh wait, I don't have any.


Anyway, Van Morrison is frankly depressing.  That doesn't mean he can't be good, however.  Actually, I really enjoyed "Into the Mystic".  I think that song is the quintessential Morrison song; it has great vocals and instrumentals.  "Come Running" is a bit more upbeat, if that is your cup of tea.  Either way, it is worth a listen.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment