Saturday, January 11, 2020

570. Last of the True Believers

Last of the True Believers
Nanci Griffith
1986
















Tracks
1. Last of the True Believers
2. Love at the Five and Dime
3. St. Olav's Gate
4. More Than a Whisper
5. Banks of the Pontchartrain
6. Looking for the Time (Workin' Girl)
7. Goin' Gone
8. One of These Days
9. Love's Found a Shoulder
10. Fly by Night
11. Wing and the Wheel



I have a journal that offers a writing prompt for every day of the year. Yesterday's entry started with the quote "writing about music is like dancing about architecture." I wholeheartedly agree. Now back to my interpretative dance.

I think country is the most reviled music genre, based on my own data, which is pooled from men's online dating profiles. But I like country when it is heavily mixed with folk, which is exactly what this album is. Nanci Griffith has a very strong Suzanne Vega vibe, and I was digging it.

She has.a very soothing voice. Since "soothing" isn't the adjective I would use to describe most entries on this List, I plan on rewarding her handsomely.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment