Sunday, January 5, 2020

569. Infected

Infected
The The
1986














Tracks
1. Infected
2. Out Of The Blue (Into The Fire)
3. Heartland
4. Angels Of Deception
5. Sweet Bird Of Truth
6. Slow Train To Dawn
7. Twilight Of A Champion
8. Mercy Beat


I find the name of this group to be embarrassing, like it was the exasperated idea for a band name after a night of heavy drug use. The ambiguous monster on the album cover points to the problem with this album. They were very angry at something; I am not really sure about what.

Possibly I am not well acquainted enough with the political climate of 1986 that this album was hellbent on commentating on, so it's not really the band's fault. On the other hand, I didn't find any of the songs compelling, which is definitely the band's fault (I'm an easy audience, I swear!).

Ugh, is this the last The The album on this List? Grammatically, that last sentence rubs me the wrong way and it's coloring my judgment.

RATING: 2/5


1 comment:

  1. Certainly nowhere near as good as Soul Mining, which was so brilliant musically. I'm surprised this made the list, suspect it's here more for the social significance of lyrics than musical quality (though it isn't bad).

    ReplyDelete