Thursday, February 7, 2019

550. Songs From the Big Chair

Songs From the Big Chair
Tears For Fears
1985



Tracks
1. Shout 
2. The Working Hour 
3. Everybody Wants To Rule The World 
4. Mothers Talk 
5. I Believe 
6. Broken 
7. Head Over Heels / Broken 
8. Listen


80s pop is now in full swing and I have to say, this is a huge step up from A-ha (although don't get me wrong, A-ha is really fun). This album has obviously passed the test of time, as most of these tracks are instantly recognizable.

The album just feels more mature than A-ha, like it is interested in more than providing a catchy tune. I am not sure it always succeeds, given the lyrical quality, but hey, at least it tries.

Someday, I'll be able to sing "Everybody Wants to Rule The World" without starting out too low, thus becoming inaudible by the word "world." Today is not that day.

RATING: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. Keep trying to start higher and then post a little bit of you singing! We would love it!

    ReplyDelete