Thursday, February 21, 2019

551. Brothers in Arms

Brothers in Arms
Dire Straits
1985













Tracks
1. So Far Away 
2. Money For Nothing 
3. Walk Of Life 
4. Your Latest Trick 
5. Why Worry 
6. Ride Across The River 
7. Man's Too Strong 
8. One World 
9. Brothers In Arms


I think I would have resented the listmakers if they hadn't included this album on The List, as it was extremely popular and at least warrants the same amount of space in The Book as the Butthole Surfers. On the other hand, I really would have preferred not having to listen to this, not being the biggest Dire Straits fan.

So it was...okay I guess. I found most of the songs to be forgettable although I did recognize snatches of them from pop culture. For some reason it seems to me that the band is trying to be edgier than it was, adding a layer of cringe that's slightest thicker than the usual 80s helping.

However, as I frequently point out, the bar on this blog is rather low (there was a bongo album for Pete Townshend's sake). So it still gets three stars.

RATING: 3/5

1 comment:

  1. I loved this album and especially the song, Walk of Life, which I still listen to!

    ReplyDelete