Wednesday, January 2, 2019

549. Hunting High and Low

Hunting High and Low
A-Ha
1985














Tracks
1. Take On Me
2. Train Of Thought
3. Hunting High And Low
4. Blue Sky
5. Living A Boy's Adventures Tale
6. Sun Always Shines On TV
7. And You Tell Me
8. Love Is Reason
9. I Dream Myself Alive
10. Here I Stand And Face The Rain


I find it difficult to identify musical trends based on this List, as the editors like to choose albums like, say, Abdullah Ibrahim's Water from an Ancient Well which a total of 52 people alive have heard, as opposed to the mainstream trash that is constantly clogging up radio airwaves. I am not necessarily saying that's a bad thing, but I do like it when we come across something that is iconic of its time.

We are all pretty familiar with "Take On Me" and while that is the best song on the album, there are a couple of other gems on the track listing. "Hunting High and Low" and "Love Is Reason" are both quite good. 

You don't get more 80s than this and I'm loving the vibes. Next up, we are getting into Dire Straits. 

RATING: 4/5

1 comment: