Monday, September 4, 2017

525. Porcupine

Porcupine
Echo and the Bunnymen
1983












Tracks
1. The Cutter
2. The Back Of Love
3. My White Devil
4. Clay
5. Porcupine
6. Heads Will Roll 
7. Ripeness
8. Higher Hell
9. Gods Will Be Gods
10. In Bluer Skies


This album started off great; unfortunately, it peaked too early.  Maybe "The Cutter" should have been a track in the middle; then the entire album wouldn't have felt like a downhill slog.

I am being much too harsh, but you all know by now how much I enjoy my jabs and semicolons.  This was actually a pretty decent album.  I suppose my expectations were a bit too high after "Crocodiles" and I just wanted this one to live up to its predecessor.  "The Cutter" did.  The rest...well...

The rest was okay and I do really like the vocals (don't ask me why).  But I felt like the lyrics were reaching for something that wasn't there.  "Gods Will Be Gods," for instance, felt way too lofty for this band to pull off.  This isn't their last album on the List though and I can truthfully say I look forward to the next one.


RATING: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. I don't know this album. Perhaps younger Diana heard it, but older Diana doesn't remember.👵🏼

    ReplyDelete