Monday, August 14, 2017

523. She's So Unusual

She's So Unusual
Cyndi Lauper
1983















Tracks
1. Money Changes Everything
2. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
3. When You Were Mine
4. Time After Time
5. She Bop
6. All Through The Night
7. Witness
8. I'll Kiss You
9. He's So Unusual
10. Yeah Yeah


And now, for something completely different.  An album that people have actually heard of.

So most of the songs were familiar to the point of tired, but I didn't mind.  Anytime I hear "Time After Time" I think of Romy and Michele and what could be wrong with that?  It was interesting to hear this album; we tend to think of female pop as being defined by Madonna, but Lauper nails it before anyone else.  I probably could have done without "He's So Unusual" though.  That was just weird.

A great album that really holds up and I always appreciate female inclusion on the List.

RATING: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. Love this album and danced happily to many of these songs in my life! five stars!!! 👏🏼

    ReplyDelete