Saturday, July 1, 2017

521. Walk Across the Rooftops

Walk Across the Rooftops
The Blue Nile
1983

















Tracks
1. Walk Across The Rooftops 
2. Tinseltown In The Rain 
3. From Rags To Riches 
4. Stay 
5. Easter Parade 
6. Heatwave 
7. Automobile Noise


I haven't given out a five star rating in a long time.  In fact, I think the last one went to the Jam in 1980 for Sound Affects. Wow, that actually bums me out.  Maybe I need to be less stingy.

In any case, this was brilliant.  The songs were hauntingly beautiful; without invoking Nico level sadness, they made me feel, man.  I guess the best way I can describe it is peaceful.  It wasn't unbearably morose or relentlessly cheerful and in that way, it felt..whole.

Anyway, here's hoping more five star albums are on the horizon.  Did I really not give Elvis Costello five stars??  I have problems.

RATING: 5/5

1 comment: