Thursday, June 15, 2017

519. Soul Mining

Soul Mining
The The
1983














Tracks

1. I've Been Waiting for Tomorrow (All My Life)
2. This is the Day
3. The Sinking Feeling
4. Uncertain Smile
5. The Twilight Hour
6. Soul Mining
7. Giant

8. Perfect

Once again, I was greatly confused by which version to listen to, as this album has approximately a thousand rereleases (or you know...five).  I ended up choosing US 1983 version, which is fortunate, as "Perfect" was easily the best song on this album (and wasn't included in the UK release).

This album is somewhat dated, although in the best way possible.  I feel like it really captures the British spirit at the time (this is just a conjecture though; I wasn't there).  Overall, a great album and I hope The The is featured more on this List.  Sorry for making fun of your name earlier.
  
RATING: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. This is a fun album. Just pleasing to me in many ways.

    ReplyDelete