Tuesday, May 9, 2017

515. Violent Femmes

Violent Femmes
Violent Femmes
1982















Tracks
1. Blister in the Sun
2. Kiss Off
3. Please Do Not Go
4. Add It Up
5. Confessions
6. Prove My Love
7. Promise
8. To The Kill
9. Gone Daddy Gone
10. Good Feeling


Once again, I am confined to bed after an ankle surgery.  Maybe I will binge myself on albums like I did with movies last time.  I'm not sure that the solution to excruciating pain is heavy metal music, but I think we are safe for now with the Violent Femmes.

Based on the name of the band, I was kind of hoping this was some Camp Cope-esque angry female group.  Although I was initially disappointed that the vocalist wasn't female, I quickly warmed up to Gordon Gano's voice.  It sounded very 70s to me, which was a fun throwback.

I hope their next album is on The List. Now if you'll excuse, I need to consume some drugs.

RATING: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about pain, but I admire your work ethic--you keep going even when there is an album like this!

    ReplyDelete