Saturday, March 4, 2017

510. Black Metal

Black Metal
Venom
1982














Tracks
1. Black Metal
2. To Hell and Back
3. Buried Alive
4. Raise the Dead
5. Teacher's Pet
6. Leave Me in Hell
7. Sacrifice
8. Heaven's on Fire
9. Countess Bathory
10. Don't Burn the Witch

11. At War with Satan

After writing a rant on my book blog and a rant on my movie blog, I thought I would complete the hate tour and complain about this album.  We are really in a bad rut with albums lately.  I hope Bruce Springsteen can save us.

So this is a shitty album, but unlike most of the shitty albums on this List, I understand why it is on here.  It's influential to a genre that I don't particularly enjoy, so I was never going to celebrate it.  Still, I thought I would find at least a little merit in this.  No such luck.  The lyrics are terrible, the songs are repetitive, and the vocalist has so absolutely no range.

Did I mention I hate this?

RATING: 1/5

4 comments:

  1. Not my cup of tea either. When I hit a bad streak I feel low because I think it's maybe my tastes that are bad. So I want to give you full support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea why some of this music is on the list. I understand what you said about that, but still...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried turning it up to 11? You really need to embrace the heavyness of the metal. Anyway, I liked this.

    ReplyDelete