Monday, February 27, 2017

509. Junkyard

Junkyard
Birthday Party
1982













Tracks
1. Blast Off 
2. She's Hit 
3. Dead Joe 
4. The Dim Locator
5. Hamlet (Pow, Pow, Pow)
6. Several Sins 
7. Big-Jesus-Trash-Can 
8. Kiss Me Black 
9. 6" Gold Blade 
10. Kewpie Doll 
11. Junkyard


I really thought that after "Thriller" I would be accepting of anything.  Well, once again, the List proved me wrong.  These are dark times, and I don't think the next album will likely improve the situation.

Well, we can tell from the cover art that I am not the target demographic for this album.  I am not sure who is...angry teenage boys perhaps.  This was just unpleasant to listen to.  I'm not saying every album has to be Duran Duran-level upbeat but it was moody without much substance, at least to me.  It might appeal to some people, but I hope we can at least agree that this album is probably only accessible to a small group of people.

I miss "Thriller."

RATING: 2/5

2 comments:

  1. Not my cup of tea either. I don't know what kind of bithday parties this is played in but I tell you, not mine.

    ReplyDelete