Monday, November 14, 2016

499. Imperial Bedroom

Imperial Bedroom
Elvis Costello and the Attractions
1982














Tracks
1. Beyond Belief 
2. Tear Before Bedtime 
3. Shabby Doll 
4. The Long Honeymoon 
5. Man Out Of Time 
6. Almost Blue 
7. ...And In Every Home 
8. The Loved Ones
9. Human Hands 
10. Kid About It 
11. Little Savage 
12. Boy With A Problem 
13. Pidgin English 

14. You Little Fool 
15. Town Cryer


Since Tuesday I have been in a state of mourning that not even Elvis Costello could cure.
Normally I would make some cringeworthy pun, considering the next entry is a Cure album.   But alas, my heart is too heavy.  Check out my movie blog if my misery is at all interesting to you.


As frequent readers may know, I adore Costello.  This album is a bit more experimental than his previous endeavors, but he is always able to remain accessible. This is probably due to his lyrics.  I particularly enjoyed "Man Out of Time," which was delightfully British.

Stay tuned for the big 500!

RATING: 5/5

3 comments:

  1. Great album. I hope you had found some strength since then. It's only four year, you know. And Elvis Costello will be always there... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm slowly moving into the Acceptance stage. Thank god for Elvis.

      Delete
  2. Love the exchange between you and Alex. Entertaining! Good review, good album.

    ReplyDelete