Wednesday, August 5, 2015

389. Marquee Moon

Marquee Moon
Television
1977














Tracks
1. See No Evil 
2. Venus 
3. Friction 
4. Marquee Moon 
5. Elevation 
6. Guiding Light 
7. Prove It 
8. Torn Curtain


This seems to be one of those albums that very few people have heard of.  If you have heard of it, you are a music aficionado and you probably praise it like it is the last voicemail a deceased loved one left you.  As for me, it didn't leave much of an impression, proving once again that I am more out of place here than a sober person at Woodstock.  I wanted to cover my ignorance here first so the insults in the comments section could branch out a bit.  I try to be considerate of my readers.

I was surprised to see that this was considered punk.  It certainly didn't sound as intense as I am used to in that genre.  I did enjoy this, but can we stop with the ten minute songs?  Let's wrap it up here fellas.  I appreciate stamina as much as the next woman, but this is verging on ridiculous.

So another album that I feel rather stupid for not enjoying very much.  But take heart, fellow List followers.  An Elvis Costello album is coming up.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment