Tuesday, June 30, 2015

386. Suicide

Suicide
Suicide
1977














Tracks
1. Ghost Rider 
2. Rocket USA 
3. Cheree
4. Johnny 
5. Girl 
6. Frankie Teardrop 
7. Che


Ah, Suicide.  Aptly named, since anyone who listens to this album probably thought fondly of their own mortality about half way through "Frankie Teardrop".  I can't be the first one to make that joke.  Actually, come to think of it, maybe I am, since everyone seems to adore this album.  Which is absurd.  Sometimes I feel like I am being pranked with this List.

It is basically screaming.  Well, that's not completely true.  Sometimes there are sex sounds set to music.  But "Frankie Teardrop"?  That's just screaming.

It seems like this is what the inside of an extremely troubled teenage boy's head would sound like.  Perhaps this is for them.  Still, I can't see anyone getting enjoyment out of hearing this.

Remember when we were listening to the Beatles and Joni Mitchell?  I can't either.

RATING: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment