Saturday, June 20, 2015

385. Pacific Ocean Blue

Pacific Ocean Blue
Dennis Wilson
1977













Tracks
1. River Song
2. What's Wrong
3. Moonshine
4. Friday Night
5. Dreamer
6. Thoughts of You
7. Time
8. You and I
9. Pacific Ocean Blues
10. Farewell My Friend
11. Rainbows
12. End of the Show


I didn't exactly want to fall in love with this album, since Wilson was a Masonite (before it was cool!).  Certainly my sister hated it when I played it while she cooked and I wrote.  If she couldn't handle this, though, I don't know how she would survive the Butthole Surfers.  Faint heart never completed fair list.

We all know Dennis Wilson as the drummer for the Beach Boys.  This kind of sounded like a Beach Boys album, without the relentless optimism.  And honestly, I haven't exactly been in the cheerful mood lately, so this sat well with me.

I wasn't blown away by the lyrical composition of the album and I certainly wouldn't call it a masterpiece.  Still, it was...pleasant and perhaps worth a listen.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment