Tuesday, July 14, 2015

387. The Idiot

The Idiot
Iggy Pop
1977














Tracks
1. Sister Midnight
2. Nightclubbing
3. Fun Time
4. Baby
5. China Girl
6. Dum Dum Boys 
7. Tiny Girls 
8. Mass Production 


After the horror that was the last album, I think I would consider an album made up solely of commercial jingles a masterpiece.  To my desperate mind, this album was quite good.  Maybe I will revisit it later and be horrified.

This album was produced by David Bowie.  Although there are no more Bowie albums on the List, he continues watch over us like a slightly punkish god.

I don't know if the title of the album is a nod to Dostoyevsky or not, although that would make the album seem a lot more pretentious than it is.  It was actually really catchy, "Sister Midnight" in particular.  A welcome reprieve. 

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment