Thursday, March 12, 2015

379. Aja

Aja
Steely Dan
1977












Tracks
1. Black Cow
2. Aja
3. Deacon Blues
4. Peg
5. Home At Last
6. I Got The News
7. Josie


I returned to this project again today but I am afraid that I might be gone for about a week, since I have roughly a zillion movie posts to write.  I am actually a bit annoyed about that since we are going through such a great string of albums right now.  Self-imposed rules are the worst.

Anyway, I remember enjoying Steely Dan in the past, but I couldn't really recall any particular song that really stuck with me.  But I really don't think that will be the case here.   I absolutely adored "Black Cow" and "Home at Last".  I didn't really have a lot of faith that a jazz rock album would have great lyrics, but I was proven wrong here.  It was also refreshing; we have to deal with a lot of pretentiousness on this List but it didn't seem like Steely Dan was putting on airs here.  They were simply making great, accessible music.

So another great album.  Keep it up, please.

RATING: 4/5

1 comment: