Thursday, June 19, 2014

364. The Ramones

The Ramones
The Ramones
1976
















Tracks
1. Blitzkrieg Bop 
2. Beat On The Brat 
3. Judy Is A Punk 
4. I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend 
5. Chainsaw 
6. Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue 
7. I Don't Wanna Go Down In The Basement 
8. Loud Mouth 
9. Havana Affair 
10. Listen To My Heart 
11. 53rd And 3rd 
12. Let's Dance 
13. I Don't Wanna Walk Around With You 
14. Today Your Love Tomorrow The World

I know a lot of my readers have been scanning this blog lately, trying to find at least one artist or album that they recognize and can actually enjoy reading about. So here is a band that we probably all know and like.  I say we probably all like them because the song "I Wanna Be Sedated" is damn infectious and anyone who says differently will  be on the receiving end of a hissy fit by yours truly.
Anyway, I never actually heard any of their other songs.  I only heard the above one because the character Spike in Buffy The Vampire Slayer mentioned it and in my effort to be his perfect woman, I looked it up.

Everyone, including me, seems to agree that all of their songs sound the same.  Well, at least the melody they keep repeating over and over again is fun.  I do have to say there are some subtle differences; at least, enough for me to decide that "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend" is my favorite.

I will dock one star for their lack of originality but honestly, I had a lot of fun with this one.  Definitely worth a listen and hey, it is only 29 minutes of your life.

RATING: 4/5

Does anyone know all the lyrics to "I Wanna Be Sedated"?  I can only repeat the title in an endless loop!

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I always like listened to this kind of beat. :)

    ReplyDelete