Friday, June 6, 2014

363. Oxygene

Oxygene
Jean-Michel Jarre
1976













Tracks
1. Oxygene I
2. Oxygene II
3. Oxygene III
4. Oxygene IV
5. Oxygene V
6. Oxygene VI


We have been hit with a lot of instrumental albums lately and I have to say, I have been enjoying the ride.  Whenever someone says "electronica" I usually picture weird guys in their basement playing with their keyboard's sound effects.  However, this was pretty beautiful album; it was certainly better than some symphonies I have heard.

I don't really have a whole lot to say about this album.  It is pretty hard to tell the tracks apart, but every once awhile you will hear a melody that is truly gorgeous.  I was writing at the time and had to stop sometimes just to sit and listen.

I hope this string of good albums doesn't end soon; if you are looking for a good rant, however, check out my movie blogs.  We are in a real slump over there.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment