Sunday, January 12, 2014

351. Station to Station

Station to Station
David Bowie
1976














Tracks
1. Station To Station 
2. Golden Years 
3. Word On A Wing 
4. TVC 15 
5. Stay 
6. Wild Is The Wind


Apparently, David Bowie could not remember making this album after it was done since he was so high on cocaine.  He would have to be a musical genius to pull off a masterpiece in that state.  Unfortunately, I don't feel that way about old Bowie.

I am not saying this album is bad, but it is certainly not as good as what you would expect from such a legend.  Lyrically, the album has its high points.  For example:

Wonder who wonder who
wonder when
Have you sought fortune evasive and shy?
Drink to the men who protect you and I
Drink drink drain your glass
raise your glass high


However, instrumentally there is nothing very original here and no song stuck in my head for long.  Wikipedia lists the album as soulful but to me, it almost sounded mechanical.

Sorry for the rather sucky review but I have a ton of work to do before my Golden Globes party tonight (aka being in my pajamas on the couch with tons of sweets).

RATING: 2/5

1 comment:

  1. I am a David Bowie fan and I was not impressed with this album. i feel as if he called it in...so maybe it was coke.

    ReplyDelete