Saturday, October 19, 2013

342. Blood On The Tracks

Blood On The Tracks
Bob Dylan
1975












Tracks
1. Tangled Up In Blue
2. Simple Twist Of Fate
3. You're A Big Girl Now
4. Idiot Wind
5. You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go
6. Meet Me In The Morning
7. Lily, Rosemary And The Jack Of Hearts
8. If You See Her, Say Hello
9. Shelter From The Storm
10. Buckets Of Rain


I have discovered something quite strange from my 1001 journeys.  While most of my views on books and movies conform to the general consensus, my music taste seems to be the exact opposite of what most people believe.  Although some might consider me a hipster, I am pretty most people, myself included, just believe I am missing something.

I could not find a single negative review of this album, but I just didn't like it.  At all.  Now, my feelings toward Bob Dylan have been lukewarm at best.  I don't have a problem with his voice like some people do, but I find his songwriting style choppy and not particularly clever.  Side note: if any music fan feels the need to burn an effigy of me at this moment, can I request that you make the waist tiny?  Please and thank you.

This album is mostly about loneliness, which is something we can all relate to.  I did enjoy a few lyrics and I actually did not hate the song "If You See Her, Say Hello".  It is actually probably my favorite Dylan song but since I am not a fan, that is not saying much.

Is there a more annoying instrument than a harmonica?  I would rather listen to the bongo band again.

So yeah, I am never going to be a Bob Dylan fan.  That being said, I completely understand why he appeals to most.  Am I covering my ass enough with this post?  Well, I tried.  Bring on the nasty comments.

RATING: 2/5

3 comments:

  1. No nasty comments; however I do like Bob Dylan. He appeals to the rebel in me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like nasty comments either...
    OK, I rather dreaded coming to this page. To me this is one of the best albums of all time, and I feared a real hatchet job from you. OK. 2/5 .. not exactly a love in, but not totally down the drain either.
    Dylan can be deliberately obscure at times, and although I can love the song, I can still wonder what the heck it was about.
    Nothing like that with 'Blood' .. all clear cut, concise and to the point. Song writing - and, heck yes, presentation at it's very, very best.
    See, strong disagreement, not a nasty comment in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha thank you, people can be rather mean about music for some reason. Probably because it does feel so personal.

    ReplyDelete