Sunday, October 13, 2013

341. Tonight's The Night

Tonight's The Night
Neil Young
1975












Tracks
1. Tonight's The Night 
2. Speakin' Out 
3. World On A String 
4. Borrowed Tune 
5. Come On Baby Let's Go Downtown
6. Mellow My Mind 
7. Roll Another Number (For The Road) 
8. Albuquerque 
9. New Mama 
10. Look Out Joe
11. Tired Eyes 
12. Tonight's The Night


I am sorry it has been a couple weeks since I last wrote.  I have been out of town for the last two weekends.  One weekend went quite well, another was an unmitigated disaster.  Anyway, I was excited to sit down with another Neil Young album.

Recently, I heard that my sister's boyfriend didn't like Neil Young.  I demanded an explanation of why last time I saw him.  Startled he said "well, the Allman Brothers don't like him."  Unable to think of anything to say (I had never heard of the Allman Brothers) I continued to glare until he finally said (possibly out of fear) "I guess he isn't that bad."  So I guess that is my version of having an intelligent conversation about music.  Oh well, it worked and Neil Young got some respect.

Although Harvest still reigns as my favorite Neil Young album, he certainly held his own with Tonight's The Night.  This album was a lot different than his other work, although I am having trouble putting my finger on the change.  It seemed rawer somehow and maybe more country?  In any case, it was lovely, both instrumentally and lyrically.

Another great album by a great artist.

RATING: 5/5

1 comment: