Tuesday, May 7, 2013

329. Neu! '75

Neu! '75
Neu
1975

















Tracks
1. Isi
2. See Land
3. Leb' Wohl
4. Hero
5. E-Musik
6. After Eight


I am currently trying to write a short story.  I sat down to write today and I thought "maybe some great music will get the juices flowing."  Flash forward forty five minutes and I still haven't written a word.  However, the music was okay so I suppose this hasn't been a complete loss.

If I had stopped listening to the album halfway through, I would have enjoyed it a lot more.  The first half of the album had some great beats.  However, then we move into the second half, which not only has horrible vocals but just plain bad songs.  It sounded like they were half heartedly trying to create an album of soothing sounds to play when people are trying to meditate.

However, I hesitate to give this album a low rating because the first twenty minutes were fantastic, with "Isi" standing out.  Unfortunately, Neu just couldn't keep it up.  Oh well, maybe I will try to be inspired to write by a movie now.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment