Friday, December 21, 2012

307. Autobahn

Autobahn
Kraftwerk
1974















Tracks
1. Autobahn 
2. Kometenmelodie 1 
3. Kometenmelodie 2 
4. Mitternacht 
5. Morgenspaziergang


Well, that was exceptionally strange.  Fortunately, I like experiencing weird new things (you have to if you want to try any of the 1001 lists).

For my non German readers, Autobahn refers to the German highways.  Apparently, the song "Autobahn" is supposed to make you feel like you are riding that highway.  I mean, if you riding the highway but there were a bunch of synthesizers on the side of the road.

So, obviously, I couldn't understand anything that was being said.  But it really doesn't matter.  I am not a big instrumental album fan but this was absolutely incredible.  This is definitely a huge musical leap from folksy people singing with a guitar.  There are some strange moments but overall really enjoyable and fun.

RATING: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment