Wednesday, December 19, 2012

306. 461 Ocean's Boulevard

461 Ocean's Boulevard
Eric Clapton
1974














Tracks
1. Motherless Children 
2. Give Me Strength 
3. Willie And The Hand Jive 
4. Get Ready
5. I Shot The Sheriff 
6. I Can't Hold Out 
7. Please Be With Me 
8. Let It Grow 
9. Steady Rollin' Man 
10. Mainline Florida


I loved this album and I was really pleased with myself for liking it.  I mean, Eric Clapton is a big name, right?  Look at me, actually enjoying the classics!

Then I did some research on this album and found out that everyone actually hated this album.  Apparently, Eric Clapton made incredibly racist remarks and is an overall douche.  In this album, he kind of channeled some Bob Marley and Stevie Wonder into his albums, which makes people really mad.

Well, the comments he made are certainly disgusting but sometimes we have to separate the art from the man.  I thought this albums was really catchy and fun (though Marley does "I Shot The Sheriff" better).  "Let It Grow" is a really sweet song that The Book compares to "Stairway to Heaven".  So I hate the guy but love the album, even if it feels like exploitation a bit.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment