Friday, September 28, 2018

544. Rattlesnakes

Rattlesnakes
Lloyd Cole and the Commotions
1984














Tracks
1. Perfect Skin 
2. Speedboat 
3. Rattlesnakes 
4. Down On Mission Street 
5. Forest Fire 
6. Charlotte Street 
7. 2cv 
8. Four Flights Up 
9. Patience 
10. Are You Ready To Be Heartbroken? 


We continue our streak of decent to superb albums with "Rattlesnakes." I will once again demonstrate my musical ignorance by admitting that I had never heard of Lloyd Cole before. I really liked my first foray into his music and I hope he is represented on the List again.

All of the songs were fairly catchy and Lloyd Cole has a pretty unique voice that manages to be soft and powerful at the same time. I particularly enjoyed "Patience" and "Are You Ready to Be Heartbroken?" Damn, we haven't had good love songs like that in awhile. They warm my shriveled heart.

RATING: 4/5


1 comment: