Thursday, September 6, 2018

542. Ocean Rain

Ocean Rain
Echo and the Bunnymen
1984















Tracks
1. Silver 
2. Nocturnal Me 
3. Crystal Days 
4. Yo Yo Man 
5. Thorn of Crowns 
6. Killing Moon 
7. Seven Seas 
8. My Kingdom 
9. Ocean Rain


I wasn't able to find this album in its entirety on YouTube, but I did watch live versions of all the tracks, which I think still counts. I am going to assume that Ian McCulloch's voice didn't crack quite as much on the studio version, but who knows. Perhaps "Nocturnal Me" was meant to be a painful experience.

That being said, I did enjoy this album. Sure, it's a bit pretentious, but "Killing Moon" and "Crystal Days" made it worth it. While it was a bit gothic for my tastes, I am still ultimately pleased with this entry.

RATING: 3/5

1 comment:

  1. So many albums I have missed. You are getting me fired up to go back and check some tunes off the list!

    ReplyDelete