Monday, October 2, 2017

527. Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)

Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
Eurythmics
1983














Tracks
1. Love Is a Stranger 
2. I've Got an Angel 
3. Wrap It Up 
4. I Could Give You (A Mirror) 
5. Walk 
6. Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) 
7. Jennifer 
8. This Is the House 
9. Somebody Told Me 
10. This City Never Sleeps


Well I have been looking for an album to break the "meh" streak we have been having lately.  These albums aren't bad, but I keep waiting to be swept off my feet.  Once again, this was a decent album, but my socks are still firmly in place.

We've probably all heard "Sweet Dreams," although I would have never been able to name the band that sang it.  It's been awhile since I was greatly impressed by vocals, but I loved the sound of this album.  It's like Annie Lennox was angry and friendly sounding at the same time.  It was an odd combination, but it worked.

However, it did get a bit redundant by the end and I was ready for it to be over.  Next up, U2! 

RATING: 3/5

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this album, but have not listened to some of these songs for a long time. Thanks for the reminder!😍

    ReplyDelete