Monday, April 10, 2017

513. Number of the Beast

Number of the Beast
Iron Maiden
1982














Tracks
1. Invaders
2. Children Of The Damned
3. Prisoner
4. 22 Acacia Avenue
5. The Number Of The Beast
6. Run To The Hills
7. Gangland
8. Total Eclipse

9. Hallowed Be Thy Name

I am changing my icon to be a snail, as I feel like it really reflects my pace through this project.  I apologize for only averaging one album a week.  I am hoping I can increase my pace this summer (maybe to one a day even, although my eyes might be bigger than my stomach...ears).  Truth be told, the List has not been offering the strongest motivations lately (excepting Nebraska of course).

Oh, heavy metal.  I am a heavy metal racist; I can't seem to tell the different bands and albums apart.  Some I don't mind as much as others, although I think that reflects more the type of mood I am in than the quality of the music.  There's nothing distinctly intellectual in my distaste for this genre; viscerally, I just don't like it.  If you do, I envy you, as this List is probably a lot easier to get through.

Up next: Duran Duran!  This might out-eighties anything we have seen so far.

RATING: 2/5

2 comments:

  1. Never liked heavy metal. No opinion on this one besides that fact about myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried turning it up to 11?

    Now that's what a lead singer in a metal band should sound like. Brilliant stuff, this flat-out rocks. And good songs too.

    ReplyDelete