Saturday, November 30, 2019

567. Licensed to Ill

Licensed to Ill
Beastie Boys
1986














Tracks
1. Rhymin & Stealin
2. The New Style
3. She's Crafty
4. Posse In Effect
5. Slow Ride
6. Girls
7. (You Gotta ) Fight For Your Right (To Party)
8. No Sleep Till Brooklyn
9. Paul Revere
10. Hold It Now, Hit It
11. Brass Monkey
12. Slow And Low
13. Time To Get Ill

I recently participated in a bar trivia night. A question was posed about a musical trio. One guy said the Beastie Boys, everybody else thought it was Rush, and I bleated feebly that I had no fucking idea. Anyway, we went with Rush, but the answer was Beastie Boys. Maybe if I had listened to this album before I could have lent more support to Will. Sorry, Will.

It's refreshing to listen to an album on this List that doesn't take itself quite so seriously. I am a huge Hamilton fan, so it was interesting to listen to this album; you can see its influence clearly in tracks like "Aaron Burr Sir" and "Winter's Ball." 

Anyway, a fun, silly album that was a welcome change of pace.

RATING: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I liked this album and I agree with your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete