Thursday, June 20, 2019

557. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love
Kate Bush
1985













Tracks
1. Running Up That Hill
2. Hounds of Love
3. Big Sky
4. Mother Stands for Comfort
5. Cloudbusting
6. And Dream of Sheep
7. Under Ice
8. Waking the Witch
9. Watching You Without Me
10. Jig of Life
11. Hello Earth
12. Morning Fog


You all know by now how delighted I am whenever the Listmakers include a female artist among its sweaty, penis saturated ranks. I'm especially pleased when it is somebody as amazing as Kate Bush.

Because we just had a Suzanne Vega album, I am tempted to compare the two. I would say Suzanne Vega excels in terms of lyrical quality, but there is something fairly mesmerizing about Kate's voice. I wouldn't exactly label this album as commercial friendly (particularly the latter half) but I am quite content skipping over mainstream eighties music in favor of this. 

Next up is The Smiths. Liking the Smiths is movie code for being a cool young person. I can't wait!

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment