Monday, April 29, 2019

554. Atomizer

Atomizer
Big Black
1986














Tracks
1. Jordan, Minnesota
2. Passing Complexion
3. Big Money
4. Kerosene
5. Bad Houses
6. Fists of Love
7. Stinking Drunk
8. Bazooka Joe
9. Strange Things
10. Cables 


The Book made a mistake with this album, as it is from 1986, and we are still stuck in hopeless quagmire of 1985. The listmakers frequently make me feel inferior, with their snooty essays and insistence that bongos can carry an entire album. So I must savor this victory over them. 

Okay, the moment has been properly basked in. So the first thought I had about this album was that it wasn't music, it was just loud noise. Fully aware that this was the sentiment of a grumpy old man, I did some research and found that this album was tied to the birth of "noise rock," so apparently I wasn't too off in my reaction. 

So here's hoping the next album actually contains notes, and not the industrial sounds that aliens would listen to on their commutes.

RATING: 2/5


No comments:

Post a Comment